Sunday, March 8, 2009

Another month passed...

I'm still here, still loving being back in the PNW, despite our crazy weather. We had a brief week of beautiful spring, then it snowed. And snowed again. And is basically freeeezing. But I'll take it.
What I've been up to:
I've begun stage managing the late-night show at Jet City Improv. It's pretty awesome. If you find yourself in need of something to do at midnight on a Saturday, come see it. Bring friends. Bring music for me to play, something crazy to put in the Funbucket. Buy a drink. Laugh.

I've also been trying to face the fact that I'm turning 25 soon and still have no idea what I'm doing with my life. In light of that, I've decided that my children's theatre needs to get started soon, for fear that I will be 40 and wondering why I never did it.

I'm trying to get money together to teach at a drama camp in Italy for a month this summer, that will be pretty cool. I need $525 for the TEFL training (Teaching English as a Foreign Language - it's a drama camp with the underlying mission to teach Italian kids English) and money for plane fare, the rest is taken care of by the program. They organize a home stay and pay you a salary. All in all, it sounds like a pretty awesome experience. I have some of my AmeriCorps education award left and hopefully I will be able to use that to pay for the training.

And that's the update for now...

No comments: