Thursday, March 12, 2009

so much happening.

A lot has transpired in the past week.
To summarize:

SCT doesn't have many classes for me to teach this summer, I can apply to teach at the zoo but I'm not so sure I'm into it.
Since I won't be working at SCT this summer and since they won't accept my AmeriCorps money, I cannot afford to do the Italy thing this year. (I fully intend to do it next year, hopefully Tad and The Chief will play Italy together!)
Since I won't be working in Seattle this summer and I probably won't have a job in the Bellevue School District in the fall, I have decided to:
Move to Bellingham in June.

I was strongly considering moving to Bellingham this fall, especially if BSD wasn't going to hire me back. (Which, considering the budget crisis they are in, will most likely not happen.) I have been thinking that now is the time to start my theater - there is $50 million going to the National Endowment for the Arts, I really have nothing holding me back, and if I keep putting it off, well, like I said - I don't want to be 40 and wondering why I never did it.

Now seems to be the perfect opportunity. My friend is (was) looking for someone to sublet her apartment, walking distance from downtown B'ham, for a price you couldn't really hope to get a room in a crappy house for in Seattle. A one bedroom! No crazy roommates! And if it's terrible, her lease is up in September and I wouldn't be obligated to stay.

The combination of no job this summer and the available apartment is just too much to say no to. I will miss a lot of things about Seattle, but it won't be that far away. And really, when I break it down, the pros of Bellingham seem to outweigh the pros of Seattle. Which is a bummer, because I wanted to make it in the "real world," and Bellingham still doesn't feel like that to me.

What will I leave behind? My family, but 1 1/2 hours away is way better than 2600 miles or however far away Austin was. An awesome theatre community - but I will be creating my own. Fantastic people - well, much like my family - it's a lot closer than Austin.

If you are wondering what to do with your life - move to Bellingham and start a theater with me!!!

Move to Bellingham, we'll hang out. Move to Bellingham, we'll go all out.... oh wait, that's not how it goes. But really, Bellingham is way cooler than Bremerton.

3 comments:

Jessika travels said...

ROSIE!!!!!
do it! move to b-ham!
i think i might move there, 98% sure, with TJ in september.
totally down for the theatre thing. amazing!
go for it my friend.
:)

Yours Truly, Johnny Blogger said...

And you have the Upfront Theatre up there - owned by the one and only Ryan Stiles!
See you once... and you move. Will miss you again!

Today's word verification is ingli, which is a short person from the upper UK. "I had met people from all over Europe but was most impressed by the Ingli."

Matt said...

Rosie is awesome. That is all.

-Matt