Saturday, August 9, 2008

In the great tradition of Brynn Hambly, I've decided that this here blog will be the best way to keep all you friend, family, and fans (I must have fans, right?) up to date on my big adventure - aka the big move from Seattle to Austin.
I will be flying into Austin on Wednesday , August 27th. Buying that one-way ticket was pretty amazing. (Round trip tickets to Austin are not that expensive - come visit me!) I have a place to live, but will be spending all my time trying to find a car as soon as I get there so I don't have to rent one for very long. 
I will be starting my job on September 2; I'll be working at the Primrose School of Vista Ridge, in Cedar Park, just outside of Austin. I'll be the lead teacher in the 18-24 month old class. Teeny Tinies, puppets, snack, and nap. How could that not be awesome?

I'm currently trying to get rid of almost everything I own. It's hard but also feels really good. It's amazing how much stuff a person can accumulate, even when you move as much as me. Tomorrow is the big trip to the storage unit. I'm a little stressed. There's stuff there I haven't seen in two years. But it's a good feeling, knowing that I'm going to get to Austin with a suitcase (or two's) worth of stuff. Starting over, clean slate. 

And now a question for you fans:
When I went to Austin in June, I was pretty much murdered by mosquitoes - does anyone know of a good repellant that isn't as toxic to people as it is to bugs? If so, please inform me. I do not like mosquito bites. Thank you.

7 comments:

Write as Rain said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Write as Rain said...

(Had to change the photo on my profile.)

I've heard Avon's Skin So Soft works as a repellent. The lavender sunscreen I used USED to say it was also a repellent. Alba Botanica organic lavender sunscreen SPF 30 -- and no methyparabens, etc.

Please report on any success! They think I'm yummy too.

imkimc said...

From the definite source:

NO BITE ROSIE!

imkimc said...

oh no! all your STUFF? Any thing I might like? :)

Og say: heat bad!

we'll look forward to seeing your >>regular<< posts to the blogosphere. You are officially subscribed to. Hey everyone, you should subscribe too! No detail is too small when you a few thousand miles away!

Yours Truly, Johnny Blogger said...

Tina's right - Avon's Skin So Soft is a southerner's best friend. They actually would sell it at Minor League Baseball stadiums in the south, as it worked so well.

Looking forward to more adventures.

fernandbill said...

Tina heard about Avon Skin So Soft from me! Moms know everything.

I've always wondered about blogs, now I get to be involved in one.... see, we old folks are never to old to learn!

BG Fern

CVV said...

WE ARE GOING TO MISS YOU ROSIE!!