Monday, September 22, 2008

Lessons

They say you learn something new every day.

Saturday night I learned that if my car trunk lid is ajar just a little bit, for most of the day, my battery will die. I learned that when the battery is dead in a Ford Focus, the dome light and power locks work, but the engine will not turn over, and all the indicator lights will flash at you, spelling "You are an idiot" in morse code.
I also learned that people I have known for two hours will push my car out of its spot and give me a jump. So that was the silver lining. The car has been running fine, so thankfully I think it was just my idiocy and not a problem with the battery.
New cars, man. Crazy.

2 comments:

Write as Rain said...

A message from your car:

.. .-- .- ... .-.. . - - .. -. --. -.-- --- ..- --. . - - --- -.- -. --- .-- .--. . --- .--. .-.. . -... . - - . .-.

It was only trying to help!

imkimc said...

SEE!!!!
SEE!!!!
This is why we need electric cars!
Your battery would be so DAMN BIG that you'd NEVER run low on juice because of a wimpy little trunk light. You'd be able to run that sucker for YEARS!

(steps off soap box muttering, "amperage I tell ya, it's all about the amperage)