Monday, September 29, 2008

Bad Ideas

Last night I decided that watching an old movie while eating dinner would surely cheer me up. So, I made my stir fry and popped in a Cameron Crowe classic - Say Anything.
Bad idea.
Why, you ask?
Of all the cheesy, classic, awesome 80s movies I could have chosen - this one takes place in Seattle. And it was actually filmed there. It's not the LA-Seattle of Grey's Anatomy or the Vancouver-Seattle of most everything from the mid 90's on, it's actually Seattle.

So that didn't help the homesick.

1 comment:

Jessika travels said...

Hello Beautiful,
Sorry to hear you are homesick. It really is a different kind of sick than any other sick...one that chicken noodle soup wont help. I think the networking group thing sounds great...maybe you feel dorkey - I am sure you do - but that would be a great way to meet people and people that are probably in the same boat as you.
At least you can speak the same language as those in Austin.
Trust that it will get easier. I think it is great that you are there and having this experience. Something new is always good for the soul, and growth of yourself.
I love you, and I know that it will get easier. :)
Much Love,
Jess