Thursday, November 27, 2008

Giving Thanks

I'm writing this on the verge of a tryptophan-induced coma on my aunt's couch in suburban Houston. My cousin and I drove in last night, in what will forever be remembered as the best Thanksgiving-weekend traffic ever. There were long periods of time when we were the only car on the road. Thank goodness for Texas and Farm Roads. My cousin coming from New Orleans was not so lucky, a normally 6-hour drive took almost 10.
I guess this is where I'm supposed to talk about how it's Thanksgiving and I'm so thankful for everything in my life. So here you go. I'm thankful that I have had the experience living in Austin for the past few months. I'm thankful that my roommate is awesome, that my car hasn't fallen apart yet, and that I haven't managed to bankrupt myself.
I'm thankful for my family, that I've been included in this Thanksgiving celebration here in Texas, and that I have so many different fantastic family members.
I'm really thankful that I am coming home soon.

Two weeks from now we will be halfway through our drive back to Seattle. If all goes as planned we will be at my grandpa's house in southern California, getting ready to make the drive up I-5. I'm excited for the trip and for the destination. Although I have enjoyed my time here, I miss Seattle (and all it entails) like crazy.

I think I'll keep up this blog even though my Texas adventure is ending for the time being. So, stay tuned for next week's episode!

1 comment:

Moriah said...

I am so excited for you to come through on your way, too! I'm thankful that you are my Dom ;]