Saturday, October 11, 2008

Be the 3-legged dog.

Wayne Coyne and Christmas on Mars was exactly what I needed today. (Along with a really good rootbeer float.)



I missed seeing Christmas on Mars when it played at Sasquatch, so I was really excited to hear that it was playing at the Alamo downtown. Then they announced that Wayne Coyne, lead singer of The Flaming Lips (and the alien super-being) was going to be there. Amazing.
So I went. By myself. And it was ok. It was better than ok. The movie was weird and crazy and I want to be a rockstar so I can make weird crazy movies like that. Then Wayne did a talk-back kind of thing after the show and told ridiculous stories and made me feel so much better about my life. He told a story about his brother's 3-legged dog, and how we should all be more like that dog, because he's missing a leg but doesn't let that affect his joy for life. He said we should be more like that dog, because we create joy in our own lives.

I also made some amazing macaroni and cheese today. It should, in theory, last me all week, but I will probably eat it all sooner than that.
In that vein, I want this cookbook. I like casseroles, you can make one and then eat for a week when you're the only one eating.

No comments: