Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I'm boycotting the debate tonight.
I had planned on watching it, to keep up the facade of a "intellectual voter" or whatever, but I changed my mind. I know who I'm voting for. I've known who I wanted to be our next president since 2004.
So I'm watching the genius that is Will Ferrel instead. Blades of Glory. Haven't seen it yet, as I'm really not a John Heder fan, but how much can you really object to any Will Ferrel movie?

In other news, I've been contemplating my future. I've decided that I have a few future careers that really interest me:

1: Rockstar. I'm working on this.

2: Running my own theater company - this will happen. I'm pretty much trying to figure out what do between now and then.

3: Theater Admin - I'm pretty good at this, it would be good prep for option #2, and I've done it and I like it. The problem: the market is pretty small, I pretty much have to go where the work is. I would most likely get my masters in either youth theatre or arts leadership to obtain this.

4: Children's Librarian - this is a new idea for me, but the more I think about it, the more I like it. I love to hang out with kids, I love to read (and young adult lit is my guilty pleasure), and my creative drama background would be invaluable. I could also plan library themes like "pirate week." sweet.

5: Caterer. I like to cook. I like to bake and come up with my own recipes. I would love to go to culinary school.

So basically the big question of my life right now is: grad school for theatre or for library science, or culinary school?

So really I think I need to put off grad school for a while longer, as I still have no idea what I want to do with my life. Gross.

I think I'm having a quarter life crisis, as cliche as that is. It's totally true. Uber gross.

4 comments:

Yours Truly, Johnny Blogger said...

Better to have a quarter life crisis than mid life crisis... more time to figure it out.

For the Rockstar... you need your boots... but there - that might make you a country star.

Trust your heart... that will tell you what is right.

Barbara said...

If you're going to be a rock star, can I be your backup singer?

Do what you can NOW. Don't be like us middle-aged (gasp, I'm 47!!) people who wish we'd done more crazy stuff in our 20s. Trust me, you'll have to be my age some day, and it will be more fun for you to look back on trying out a bunch of stuff than "I wish I'd tried out a bunch of stuff".

You'll find something you love and you'll be happy.

PS: I tried being a caterer. It's really, really hard work, you're usually unappreciated, and very few are successful. You have to love it with your heart and soul to make it worth it

Good luck with your adventure!!

Barbara
http://ifididnthaveasenseofhumor.blogspot.com/

Barbara said...

PSS: With the theater thing, you'll never be bored. Lousy play? There's always the next one. And we all know actors are fun to watch and know.

The more I read your stuff, the more I think you know exactly what you want. Good for you. I was never as focused as you when I was younger, and I regret it.

Barbara

Write as Rain said...

Does it help that I'm heading into (another) mid-life crisis and am wondering what I'll do next? Economic news is NOT helping.

You have time to do them all! But don't you have to be unstable to be a rock star? I think you don't meet that qualification.