Saturday, October 4, 2008

Right on....

I have a job interview on Monday and am applying for a job in Dallas, so I decided I needed some job interview clothes. Shoes I'm not allowed to buy because it's still cheaper to have my parents ship me the shoes I do have than it is to purchase new ones. But clothes are ok, since when I packed to move here I did not anticipate job interviews.
So I bought some clothes today.
But to back up a little, today was a shopping experience. I went to a outdoor flea market type thing in Sun City, a planned development golf-cart-community whatever thing north of Austin. I originally had plans to meet a family member there but she had things come up so I went myself, in the hopes of finding some good stuff. (I have a whole list of things I will need when I move out of this house in December and try to survive on my own. I don't own a can opener. Problem!) Unfortunately I overslept a bit and didn't make it as early as I had hoped, but I did score a brand new HP photosmart printer. Pretty cool.
Then I stopped at the outlet malls and tried on clothes that were still too expensive for me, even at outlet prices. And bought some knifes and glass food storage dishes (no plastic!)
Then, finally, Target. How I love Target. I probably shouldn't, it's probably no better than WalMart, but I like it.
I got interview clothes and new sheets for my bed and cards to send and, most importantly, I did not buy any Halloween decorations. That was hard. But I will be back the week before Halloween scooping up all the discounted stuff I can find. Especially things like this:











They also have shot glasses that match. Awesome.

1 comment:

imkimc said...

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

taking a break from WoW to notice the shopping adventure... I think that it's a french store, so it should be ok (Tarjéy) :)

ktc out