Friday, October 3, 2008

Things are moving forward...

First off, I gotta say how much I love the new Genius Playlist in iTunes. You go, Apple. I'm listening to music I forgot I had.
And speaking of music, I bought the Fleet Foxes album today. Total impulse buy as I was buying coffee at Starbucks on my lunch break, but totally worth it. My iPod radio adapter doesn't work very well here (I'm thinking because it is so flat, so there is a lot of radio interference?), so I need CDs to listen to. Of course, since all my music is on my computer, I left all my CDs back home. So I need CDs in the car, otherwise it's listen to NPR talk about Sarah Palin or the bailout, both of which I'm sick and tired of hearing about.
Also, buy the Fleet Foxes album. It's amazing. Listen to the music on their myspace page, and tell me you can resist it.

I have a job interview on Monday - to be Assistant Manager of the box office at the Zach Scott Theatre here in Austin. I'm also currently (taking a break from working on) applying to the Dallas Theater Center, for an Education Associate position. It would be really cool, and something that fits right in with what I want to do with the rest of my life, but it would also be in Dallas, not Austin. I know I already moved 2300 miles so really, what is 200 more miles? But it's a scary thought to pull up what tiny new roots I've started planting here.
However, I'm still doing it, because I refuse to let the opportunity pass me by.
I really miss working in a theatre.
So cross your fingers/say a prayer/think happy thoughts for me on Monday at 5pm my time (that's 3pm for most of you)!

Tomorrow I'm going to a big outdoor garage-sale thing and trying to find a place to wash my car. You'd think after a month I would be able to find my way around this town but I'm still pretty much lost. Yet another reason to be terrified to move to Dallas. I'm sure it's just as not-like-Seattle as Austin is.

2 comments:

Yours Truly, Johnny Blogger said...

Well if you do decide to move to Big D little a double L A S, please feel free to call on your old improv friend for some local knowledge. I lived there for 7 years and loved it. I'd be happy to make some intros for you (including people in the film industry around there).

You are missed up here. We only had 4 people in 301 class on Tuesday but it was AWESOME!!!!

Take care!

Write as Rain said...

the Genius bar... well I've had some mixed results. It does OK with pulling up playlists from my music -- and that's cool. But I think the sidebar recommendations for what to buy need some work -- seriously, recommending Brittney Spears when I click on ACDC? Maybe they thought I needed to be well-rounded? (eye roll)